Explorers of Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Life

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

First Mission;; A light in the swamp ~

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Team Mistral
Admin
Team Mistral

First Mission;; A light in the swamp ~ Empty
PostSubject: First Mission;; A light in the swamp ~   First Mission;; A light in the swamp ~ EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 7:16 pm

"I lost my light orb! Find it for me?"
Client :: Pichu
Dungeon :: The Swamp
Floors :: 13
Rewards :: 500PD + ???

"Right, so you go on in and I'll talk to the people while you grab a mission... Okay? ... Hey... Nate? Nate, are you even listening to me?" The small torchic bolted upright, his attention now focused on his partner's words. He got the just of her message, however, something bigger then her obvious commanding overtook his attention. Nothing but pure fear, with every step he took cold shocks serged through his body and tightened around his heart. Their first mission. What would the office be like? What would the pokemon be like? Would it be hard? Would it be dangerous? Oh, Arceus, what if he failed? "Nathan!"

The torchic looked down at his partner with trembling legs. "I- I'm s-s-sorry, Isanna.. I don't think I can-"

"Look, there it is!" Isanna eagerly grabbed him by the feathers and pulled him forward. Looking up, the fire type caught site of the large post office for the Guild of Blossoming Fields, as well as a large bullitin board aside it; It was covered in so many requests, one could not see the cork underneath it. Nathaniel swallowed hard. So many, which should he take? "Stay here and pick a mission, I'll go inside to make sure we're totally ready~!" With that the baby pokemon marched inside and left him outside all alone.

Nathan stood there awkwardly a few moments, silent as he gazed up to the large board. 'Alright, should be easy. Pick something simple, just to give you a taste of what's out there... Really, it's no big deal..' He gazed over one after one and after a while could do nothing but stare, zone out, there were so many... so many to choose from, how could he possibly-

"Nate, did you find one yet-"

Crap! Hurry, grab one- and- The torchic reached up and randomly tore off the closest mission off the board. A small sweat drop could be seen running down the side of his face as Isanna approached him. "Great~ Let me see!" She tore the paper out of his grasp. He watched at her face changed from glee to simple disappointment. "A stupid orb in the middle of the- eck, what? The swamp? No, way. We can't do this-"

"That mission, eh? That's been sitting there a while, glad it's finally taken!" A nearby farfetch'd officer check something off on his clipboard while the team stared in silence. "What are you waiting for, you want to be home before didn't don't cha? Get 'outta here!" He wacked the ground before their feet with a leek until the team scurried off into the swamp's direction.

--

The ralts crossed her arms together stubbornly "I hope your happy." she sighed, "This is gonna suck..." Without looking at her partner she started her crawl into the forest. A little guilty, Nathan followed her, a mission was a mission right? That pichu would be happy to get his Light Orb back after such a long time. It was only a few minutes into the swamp the land took it's effect, The torchic took a nice big step into nothing but pure sludge. Hastily pulling himself out, he heard a familiar shriek. "Eww! EW! This stuff is so gross! Ew! I want out of here now!"

Nathaniel ran up beside her. "B-but we have to finish the mission, we c-can't stop after we just started.. er.. right?" He squinted his eyes, preparing for the worst answer from her. Instead, he was pleasantly surprised.

"You're right..." he had heard. Nate opened his eyes back up and saw Isanna with her little fists clenched tightly, it sounded as if she were hissing through her teeth. "We're a rescue team, not a bunch of valley girls... We can do this.." The ralts breathed in deeply and took a brave step forward, for a few heartbeats, everything seemed fine; That swamp wasn't so bad! The moment ended when she slid face-forward into the mud. Nathan flinched and ran quickly deeper in the swamp before he could catch her reaction.

After a little while he had to stop fleeing. Jeez, why was sludge so hard to run through? He paused when he heard a rustle in the soft undergrowth around him. Nate froze, feeling a shiver of worry run down his spine. Oh Arceus, what was that? Out of the corner of his eye a shadow moved through the grass. 'Okay, okay. Stay calm... It's nothing, really... Just your imagination..' He let out a wail and jumped back as a shadow ran right past him. Okay, that wasn't nothing..!"

The torchic started whipping his head around in all directions. "P-please leave, or I-I'll come and make you-!" He shouted into the forever night. Everything seemed to stop for a few moments. Maybe that really sent it away? His hope was shattered when he felt a gust of wind come from behind him, a near moment later a veiled body rush in front of him, headbutting him into a close-by tree. As he fell to the ground afterwords, the small fire type struggled to catch his breathe. As he looked up, the faint light of the land revealed two semi-long and slim bodies. Oh jeez, where was Isanna? Why did he have to run off?

Nathaniel shakily stood back up, no.. There was no way he was going to let these... these.. bullies make a mark of him. "I said, go away!" He shouted, but neither of them seemed to comply, in fact one came closer. "Go away!" A small light began to glow from his body. The torchic took in a deep breath as the light slowly grew into a live flame. He could do this, he could do this. Focusing all of his energy, he fed the fire until it was larger and larger, finally releasing it. The result was like a large ripple, flames spreading out and enveloping everything in it's path.

He wasn't sure if he was satisfied or not when he realized the strangers fur was burnt and singed, but they seemed to get the message. "Woah.." Isanna's voice rang out from behind him, he spun around too see her. "I didn't know you could do that.." Nathaniel whipped his head back around when he heard the two bodies beginning to stir again, shaking the attack off. Something caught his eye, though, in the grasp of one of the creatures was a small sphere, glowing with a faint, yet powerful light.

"They have the Light Orb!" Nathaniel shouted, pointing in it's direction. Isanna jumped forward, catching sight of it almost at once. The two bodies picked up on this and shouted a few unfamiliar words in the air. Behind them, two more pokemon stepped out, attempting to provide a distraction while the others snuck away.

Isanna growled, "I don't think so.." Shadows blacker then the night started to stretch out from her, reaching out at the retreating pokemon. "I didn't come all the way out here in this dirty ass swamp to let you get away that easily!" The shadows caught hold of the one holding the light orb. With a small smile on her face, she pulled the darkness back, causing the mysterious thief to come flying back, landing at her feet.

It was a zigzagoon. "You can't have it!" he protested, "It's mine!" His partner in crime came springing twords Isanna, so quick you'd near never see it with the untrained eye. Isanna was quicker. She brought forth another Shadow Sneak, easily derailing the pokemon out of her direction and into a seemingly familiar tree. The ralts smiled, this mission wasn't so bad after all.

"Do y-you think they're fin-nished?" Isanna turned around, seeing two pokemon on the ground, covered in with scratches and singed fur. Wow, he really could fight; that is, if he put his heart into it.

The ralts nodded her head. "I think so..." She approached the zigzagoon. Realizing now that they were all the same exact pokemon. Were they related? "Alright, hand it over.."

The stranger stood up, holding the Light Orb dearly. "Please don't..." he pleaded, "Let me explain.. My name is Zig... those are my brothers.. Zag, Zoon, and Goon..." He looked at each of his brothers, all of them starting to recover at their own pace.

Isanna crossed her arms, trying her best to be patient; Nathaniel listened curiously.

"Well, as you know, the swamp is a bleak place.. Every now and then we go out and find things to make it just a little better..." Zig started to trail off as he looked down at the orb. "One day, way long ago, I saw a small pichu drop this.. I know it's not cool to keep it, but you know... Finders-Keepers!" He started to laugh and shrug it all away before he froze, seeing dark shadows coming from Isanna's body. Clearly not fond of the idea of another fight, he quickly corrected himself. "Err, I mean- No, it's not cool at all! Here, take it and return it for me, I hope it wasn't missed to much..." Zig handed it over, a little sad to see it go. Though, as he did so, he noticed pokemon flash his gaze over their bag.

'Huh?' He looked down at his rescue kit, seeing on the front a shining rescue badge, as well as a few other bright things peeking out. 'The reason they attacked us, they wanted to steal from us too...' Nathan frowned in realization. Could he blame them though? The place was a toxic wasteland...

Isanna snatched the orb out of his paws. "Thank you." she muttered simply, turning to her partner. "I'm leaving you know. I'm going to turn this in, take a shower, and then I'm ignoring you... This is for leaving me alone in the mud.." She nodded to herself and headed back to the exit, leaving Nathaniel to stand there with the normal type family in an awkward situation...

"Er.. I um- have to go.." Nathan started slowly making his way out of the clearing. "... Bye!"

It took a while, but he finally found his way out of the small, and by the looks of the trail his partner did as well. A small smile formed on his beak. Well, that wasn't so bad. Being a rescue team, it wasn't as hard as they made it out to be. He could fight and defend himself, the swamp (Which had to be the worst place in their region), it wasn't that bad... (Then again, who could live there 24/7?) He would never go back their though..

Happily, he began his walk home. There was no reason to be afraid. He could do this! And Team Mistral would be champions in no time at all. Yay!
Back to top Go down
Team Oblivious
Admin
Team Oblivious

PostSubject: Re: First Mission;; A light in the swamp ~   First Mission;; A light in the swamp ~ EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 3:58 pm

When they were to return to the guild, a very bored looking Pikachu would be sitting next to an egg, with a pouch sitting on top of it. "Hey, it's me! Pichu! I evolved in the time that it took for this mission. . . thank you so very much for finally returning my orb!" He handed them the pouch, which contained 500 poke. "Would you mind? There's this egg. . . and I don't know where it came from! It showed up on my doorstep. I simply can't take care of it, I'm barely evolved myself! I don't know what it is. . . and exploration teams need more members, right? Please accept it!" He gestured towards a silvery egg.
First Mission;; A light in the swamp ~ Castformegg
July 7 2011
0 Days Old

+ 500 PD
+ 80 MP
+1 lvl(s) each
+/- Egg (accept/decline in next post)
Back to top Go down
https://pmdlife.rpg-board.net
Team Mistral
Admin
Team Mistral

PostSubject: Re: First Mission;; A light in the swamp ~   First Mission;; A light in the swamp ~ EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 6:42 pm

Isanna did nothing but stare at the pikachu for a few moments before gathering herself together. Had it really been that long? "And you think we could-" Seriously, she was a baby herself (technically), how could she take care of one? Then again, new teammates... She gratefully took over the the egg and juggled the pouch on top. "Oh, err... Thanks..." Still stiff from all the mud caught in her hair, she slowly made her way back to the guild dorms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Mission;; A light in the swamp ~   First Mission;; A light in the swamp ~ Empty

Back to top Go down

First Mission;; A light in the swamp ~
Page 1 of 1